North London Sports Association Inc.
The following standing committees shall be constituted anew each year. The Committee members shall hold office until the next Annual Meeting, or until resignation or dismissal.
The Nominating Committee shall consist of at least two members. The Chair shall be the President (or Past-President) and the other member shall be Secretary. The functions of the Committee shall be to receive nominations for positions on the next year's Board, and to put forward prior to the Annual General Meeting a list of names of persons who shall stand for election to the Board at the meeting.
Disciplinary Committee (Complaints and Appeals):
The Disciplinary Committee (Complaints and Appeals) shall consist of (1) the Past-President, as Chair and (2) Active Board Members. As indicated above, Past-President is an ex-officio position; the other members are appointed by the Board. If a member is absent or unable to perform his/her duties because of conflicts of interests, the President shall appoint a new member to fill such vacancy on a temporary basis. The Committee shall administer the Corporation's grievances and appeals procedures. The Committee will make Rules for its proceedings and the performance of its duties. All persons appearing before this Committee shall be given full opportunity to be heard. This Committee shall have the power to hear and finally decide all complaints on matters which pertain to the propriety or lack of a By-law, Rule or Regulation, or the alleged violation of any By-law, Rule or, Regulation. The Committee shall as soon as possible after the conclusion of proceedings make a written report to all persons directly involved in the matter, and to the President. This Committee shall also have the power to conduct any investigation or hearing as directed by the Board from time to time and make a report in writing of such investigation or hearing to the Board. The President is not part of the Disciplinary Committee, as they are responsible for hearing any appeals that may occur.
The Communications Committee shall consist of a board member as Chair, and not less than two (2) other board members appointed by the Board. The functions of this Committee shall be to publicize the activities of the NLSA such as registration dates, try-out dates, tournaments, team successes, fundraising and social activities and such. This Committee shall also edit and publish an Association Newsletter/Blog, if so directed by the Board. The Board shall be kept fully informed of all activities of this Committee and Board approval is required prior to the initiation of any activities other than authorized herein.
Minor Development Management Committee:
The Minor Development Management Committee shall consist of the Director of Minor Development, the Ice Scheduler, Vice-President - Hockey Operations. The President shall be an ex officio voting member of this committee. The functions of this Committee shall be to:
- take responsibility for the general management of Minor Development including the establishment of equipment and other budgets for submission to the Board for approval;
- recommend to Board and distribute Rules and Regulations pertaining to Minor Development hockey;
- establish a code of coaching behavior, philosophy and ethics;
- establish coaching eligibility requirements, recruit Conveners, Coaches and Managers, conduct interviews , and nominate Coaches and Managers for Minor Development teams; the nominations shall be presented to the Board of Directors for final approval.
House League Management Committee:
The House League Management Committee shall consist of the two CHL Representatives, the Ice Scheduler, Vice-President - Hockey Operations. The President shall be an ex officio voting member of this committee. The functions of this Committee shall be to:
- take responsibility for the general management of House League including the establishment of equipment and other budgets for submission to the Board for approval;
- recommend to Board and distribute Rules and Regulations pertaining to the House League;
- establish a code of coaching behavior, philosophy and ethics;
- establish coaching eligibility requirements, recruit Conveners, Coaches and Managers, conduct interviews if required, and nominate Coaches and Managers for House League teams; the nominations shall be presented to the Board of Directors for final approval.
Tournament Organizing Committee:
This Committee shall consist of the Tournament Chair, as Chair and two board members (including ice scheduler). The Committee shall have such power and authority as may be delegated to it from time to time by the Board. This committee shall:
- organize tournaments sponsored by the NLSA;
- supervise the expenditure of monies for the purpose of running these hockey tournaments.
Risk Management Committee:
This Committee, operating under the direction of the President, shall consist of the Director of Risk Management as Chair, two members from the Board, two Coaches, one Parent Member, a representative from London Police or Ontario Provincial Police. The committee shall be a policy development, advisory and educational body reporting to the Board through the chair of the committee.
Coach & Player Development Committee:
This Committee, consisting of the Vice President as Chair, Competitive Representatives, CHL Representatives;
- shall organize and administer development programs for players and coaches of the House League and Representative Teams;
- shall organize, develop and implement a program of coaching procedures aimed at achieving excellence in coaching and player skills,
- shall appoint a liaison for Hockey Canada coaching clinics; and
- hold or promote GLHA educational and certification clinics to satisfy the needs of the Corporation.
Parent Representative Committee:
This Committee, consisting of the Vice President as Chair, Director of Risk Management, all House League and Minor Development Parent Representatives. The President and Administrator shall be an ex-officio member of this committee. The functions of this Committee shall be to:
- shall meet twice a year (October and February) to discuss roles on the team, trending and relevant information to resolve team issues;
- act as a resource to parents within the Association when there is information to be disseminated or when there is a need to resolve issues of concern.
The Board may by resolution establish any other committees or ad-hoc committees which in its opinion are necessary or advisable