The Respect in Sport - Parent program is a mandatory course that parents/guardians will need to complete. Only one parent/guardian will need to complete this course on behalf of their child/children registered.
This 1 hour online program is designed to reinforce a parent’s role in a child’s activities, encouraging positive sport behaviours, and empowers parents to ensure the safety of their children, encourage positive and effective communication, and to enhance a child's fun and camaraderie of the activity.
** The online “Respect in Sport - Parent Program” is different from the “Respect in Sport - Activity Leaders Program” which is equivalent to the Speak Out Program.
Hockey Canada - Respect in Sport Parent Program
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Click on Register a New User button
- You will be presented with a Sport Parent Registration note: "Register your Profile" or "Add your Children"
- Click Register a New User button again
- Complete the next page of New User information and click Submit
- - NOTE: You will need to associate your child/children to your profile, once you have completed click No Children to Add
- - Proceed to payment either using Paypal or Credit Card
- - After payment is completed, you will be returned to the Alliance Hockey website
- - Choose English or French content and proceed with the Respect in Sport program
HOW TO LINK YOUR CHILD TO YOUR PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED RESPECT IN SPORT:
- - Log in to Respect in Sport Parent Program using your username and password
- - Click on "Profile" (upper left)
- - Click on "Child Management" and add any children not showing in your profile
- - Select "Alliance Hockey Parent" --> "GLHA - North London" as your association