The MLHU orders that were announced on Wednesday come in to
affect on October 24. Prior to these orders coming into affect the health unit and
the GLHA met to discuss how the orders would affect our current Return to Play
Today a revised version of the orders was discussed in a
public town hall meeting. These revisions mean that our current ice schedule,
teams and assessment plan will remain unchanged. However, there are some
changes that all parents, spectators and players need to be aware of.
- We are limited to a total of 25 participants on the ice. The includes players and coaches. These groups will be divided into smaller groups of 12 participants in each end that will remain separated by a 3m buffer.
- Players and coaches will be required to maintain a 2m physical distance on the ice and the bench
- All coaches are required to wear a mask while on the bench and on the ice.
- There is no physical contact on the ice
All other city policies will remain the same.
- Players and coaches will check in with the Javelin app or with the GLHA paper form. Spectators will check in with the city assessment form. Please arrive with your forms completed.
- Spectators are required to wear a mask at all times and maintain a 2m physical distance while watching from the designated viewing area. All viewing areas are rink side so dress accordingly.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before your ice time to check in with your coach. Teams will enter as a group 15 minutes before ice times.
We are counting on all players, coaches, volunteers, parents and spectators to fully cooperate with city and MLHU policies. The City of London and MLHU will be at the arena regularly ensuring that we are following the necessary procedures. There are significant fines and we risk losing our season if we are not in compliance with the current policies.
Let's all work together to keep our keep our kids on the ice.